Our School Association
At Thomas Reade we are fortunate to have such an active and committed School Association run by parents of children throughout the school. All parents and carers of children attending Thomas Reade are automatically members of the School Association.
The school association are always looking for new ideas or offers of help and would love to hear from you.
They meet regularly to discuss a varied and busy calendar full of fundraising events -from School Fetes, Easter Egg Hunts, Christmas Bazaar, Quiz Nights and the much loved children’s discos.
They also run regular Cake Sales and these are organised on a rota by each class.
So far this year, the School Association have:
- paid the total cost of the coaches for the Pantomime trip in December
- funded half of the cost of the Charlotte’s web production in July
- made a huge contribution to our Circus Theme week in July by paying for resources and a day’s workshop on circus skills
- made a contribution to our Foundation setting to buy some amazing outdoor equipment
- paid for a new 100 square to be painted in the courtyard during the summer holidays
- bought new first aid kits for every classroom and a portable kit for school trips
- paid for a defibrillator for the school
Most recently they have purchased a set of leotards for our very talented gymnasts who have regularly taken part in county finals and have also purchased 40 Team Reade hoodies for the very many sporting events our children have the opportunity to take part in.
Please contact Charlotte Wilmshurst, Chair of the School Association or any other member if you would like to help in any way.
For regular updates see our Facebook page – Thomas Reade SA
Meeting dates/key events to be confirmed soon. Watch this space…