The 3Is at Thomas Reade
New curriculum policies 2020*T**The information below is in the process of dated
From January 31st 2022, we have introduced a new phonics programme. Essential Letters and Sounds is an accredited programme and will replace any other programmes that have been used.
The principles of Essential Letters and Sounds are based upon:
- the delivery of whole class high-quality first teaching with well-structured daily lesson plans
- the use of consistent terminology used by teachers, children and parents
- the use of consistent resources that support the teaching of ELS
- effective use of repetition throughout the programme
- maximizing the impact of regular and manageable assessment to ensure that all children keep up rather than catch up.
This practise will ensure fidelity to one programme whereby teachers are systematic, consistent and confident in their approach to teaching phonics.
You can find out more about the curriculum for Thomas Reade School by downloading the following documents
*The following is in the process of being updated* Mar 22